CitySprint are on a Fast track to become the UK’s leading courier services provider, with current market domination of the Same day service areas already.
Through regular investment in market leading technology, we are paving the way for courier services to be more intuitive, more capable, and more responsive in real time than ever before!
Being this awesome takes a lot of hard work and commitment to our values, vision and customers. So naturally we need to secure top-notch talent to ensure we continue growing and improving every day.
This is where you come in!
Are you an experienced Logistics Manager with knowledge of running your own region with full P&L accountability? Are you looking for an exciting new challenge?
Then we may have just the role for you!
We are looking for an inspirational leader to take the role of Area Manager for our Midlands region covering Birmingham, Warwick, Nottingham, Peterborough, Cambridge & Norwich.
You will have the opportunity to join CitySprint, the UK’s largest distribution network.
It’s an exciting time for the business as we continue to grow and develop on our services and applications through our IT partnership with OnTheDot, a CitySprint inovation.
As an Area Manager, people must be at the heart of everything you do. You will have a team of experienced individuals reporting in to you, therefore the ability to drive a team to deliver outstanding results against a backdrop of a fast paced, dynamic environment is essential.
The role involves efficient management of your region’s P&L, encouraging and increasing sales activity of your service centre through effective recruitment and headcount management, as well as ensuring the legal, efficient and profitable running of all teams under your remit. This will also include a constant focus on customer service excellence and strategic relationship management of high profile clients.
The key responsibilities include:
The key skills we need you to have for the role include:
- Effective management of your region’s P&L to strive for commercial excellence within your business unit to manage and reduce costs and increase turnover.
- Excellent management of Service Level Agreements to ensure client satisfaction at all times with all customers and all sizes and produce best in class Operational Performance throughout the Network.
- Strong and diligent implementation of new Accounts at all times
- Challenge and develop staff at all levels within your Region and create a democratic working environment to promote Accountability, responsibility and empowerment.
- Manage the attrition of customers to a minimum through strong management and the correct reviewing procedures to ensure strong revenue throughout.
- Develop and maintain a sales territory along with Regions sales teams increasing both revenue and profit in line with pre-determined budgets.
- Establish, monitor and update CRM on a regular basis.
- Effectively contribute to monthly Senior Managers meetings; conferences; client meetings and events.
- Produce and deliver effective presentations to clients and other members of the business on a wide range of topics including financial, operational and sales information.
- Network with potential employees to ensure we have the best in class at all areas. This also includes networking with potential acquisitions within your agreed Regional areas.
- To effectively prepare, review and report on your Regions budgets and financial targets.
- Effective negotiation of pricing tariffs and contracts and preparation of tenders & proposals for new business.
We will close this advert on receipt of sufficient applications. We therefore encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
We do not require the assistance of agencies with this vacancy – thank you in advance.
- Previous management experience within the logistics industry.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Sound commercial awareness and continued client focus.
- Sound decision making skills and ability to manage improvement plans.
- Comprehensive understanding of health and safety.
- Extensive experience of leading and managing operational change.
- Ability to understand and translate strategy into day-to-day delivery.
- In depth knowledge of leading edge transport, logistics and planning methodologies to deliver full end-to-end processes.
- Excellent budgetary and analytical skills, with acute commercial awareness.