CitySprint are on a Fast track to become the UK’s leading courier services provider, with current market domination of the Same day service areas already.
Through regular investment in market leading technology, we are paving the way for courier services to be more intuitive, more capable, and more responsive in real time than ever before!
Being this awesome takes a lot of hard work and commitment to our values, vision and customers. So naturally we need to secure top-notch talent to ensure we continue growing and improving every day.
This is where you come in!
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Baggage Controller to join our team in Heathrow on a permanent basis.
For this role, we are looking for a driven, self-starting individual who has existing experience in an Operations Controller or similar role, ideally within a transport, Logistics or FMCG environment
The purpose of your role will be to provide a high level of support to the control and operations of your Service Centre whilst ensuring a high level of customer service from booking to completion.
The main responsibilities within the role are:
The key skills we need you to have for the role include
- Ensure dockets are input correctly and in a timely manner, reducing courier and client queries and credit notes.
- Ensure all jobs are collected and delivered with agreed timescales - Delivery by Time.
- Client operational queries are dealt with effectively and promptly and the client is made fully aware of the outcome.
- All relevant Overnight & International consignment information and communication is entered onto the NDI system.
- Courier queries are dealt with effectively and promptly with minimal complaints.
- The Network Utilisation rules are followed
- The most efficient courier is chosen – back-load couriers are given priority. Dead miles are reduced and margins are correspondingly increased.
- Every courier is treated as a national resource; they are visible and accessible to the network.
- Couriers are at all times wearing CitySprint uniforms, carrying I.D. badges and their vehicles are appropriately liveried, correctly insured and hold all statutory inspections and tests.
- The services of any courier that fails to comply with the service levels defined in CitySprint’s procedures adhere to their legal and health and safety requirements, is suspended.
- High levels of punctuality and attendance.
- Recognises that by the nature of our business, we may at times carry information or items that are highly sensitive and confidential and acknowledges and respects this.
- Adherence to CitySprint’s Quality and Environmental Management ISO Systems.
- Being proactive in suggesting to your manager how we can improve our service delivery.
- Managing and exceeding customer expectations.
- Acting on your own initiative without constant supervision.
- Ability to communicate clearly with clients, couriers and suppliers and remain professional at all times.
- Be highly organised.
- Previous transport industry experience.
- Good geographical knowledge.
- Excellent punctuality and attendance
- Computer literate.
If this all sounds like you, we really want to hear from you! Please don’t delay, send us your CV and covering letter outlining why you're the best person for the job.
We will close this advert on receipt of sufficient applications. We therefore encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
We do not require the assistance of agencies with this vacancy – thank you in advance.