CitySprint are already the UK’s leading (and largest) same day courier network but we have even bolder ambitions. Our company vision is to set the pace in the new world of smart delivery, can you help us to get there? We proudly support over 14,000 businesses across the UK with their delivery needs, from same day, UK overnight and international delivery, to life-saving medical deliveries and bespoke logistics solutions.
Our customers are at the heart of everything we do; we will never stop putting them first and striving to create connections that are personal. Achieving this, while delivering 15m+ critical deliveries each year, can be challenging - that’s why we need you! Our nationwide team are both passionate and dedicated. We offer roles that are extremely varied, and we really drive internal promotion as much as possible - CitySprint is a place where you can flourish.
Our competitive package includes 22 days holiday (rising incrementally to 25 days after 5 years’ service) as well as access to Perkbox, Medicash, Ride2Work Scheme and season ticket loans. We’re dedicated to your training and personal development as well; being the best at your job also means that our customers get the best possible experience with CitySprint.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Bid & Submissions Manager to join our Business Development Team based regionally in Bristol.
The success of our business is hinged on developing, converting and retaining good sustainable business across a wide client base on a UK remit. You will lead on the focus of developing, pricing and communicating across our business and associated service solutions to new and existing customers within the Business Development Team.
There will be lots of interaction with your internal stakeholders where you will build relationships and offer proactive solutions to any challenges faced.
Within this new and exciting role there is also a requirement to really make your mark by developing bid tools & information databases by developing best practice. You will be comfortable in representing the business during the bid and tender process and be instrumental in delivering year-on-year growth and retention in line with our business plan and annual Business Development Team targets. This will be achieved through client engagement, robust solution development, commercial pricing and written technical support.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Co-ordinate and manage all RFPs/RFQ’s and ITTs including:
- Preparing the tender document in line with the client’s requirements.
- Ensuring all instructions and timelines are followed to ensure a compliant submission.
- Posting any clarification questions and distributing this to all members of the bid team.
- Advising the team of upcoming deadlines and any outstanding information required.
- Identify and respond to new business opportunities from the OJEC and work with the appropriate sector in preparing and responding to all elements of the process.
- Following submission, manage any post tender clarification questions working in conjunction with the Account Manager and sales person as appropriate.
- Co-ordinate any e-auctions in terms of ensuring all pre-requisites are completed, take part in any training so that this can be communicated to the other members of the bid team, take part in the auction and submit final pricing by the required date
- Provide a weekly report to the Executive Management team detailing response and performance rate.
- Maintain our online company profiles on online bidding portals.
- Where required support the Executive Management team with any requests i.e. follow up correspondence with clients outstanding tenders, coordinate diaries for meetings and produce ad hoc reports on tender statistics.
If this sounds like the ideal next step in developing your career, don’t hesitate to apply. Submit your CV with cover letter outlining why you’re the ideal person for the job by following the application link.
We will close this advert on receipt of sufficient applications. We therefore encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
We do not require the assistance of agencies for this recruitment - thank you in advance