CitySprint are on a Fast track to become the UK’s leading courier services provider, with current market domination of the Same day service areas already.
Through regular investment in market leading technology, we are paving the way for courier services to be more intuitive, more capable, and more responsive in real time than ever before!
Being this awesome takes a lot of hard work and commitment to our values, vision and customers. So naturally we need to secure top-notch talent to ensure we continue growing and improving every day.
This is where you come in!
We have a new opportunity for a Junior Finance Administrator to join our team based at our offices in Redhill, Surrey.
This is a great opportunity for individuals who are keen to get further experience in a Finance Administrator position with a dynamic company. We can offer plenty of exposure to a wide variety of finance activities that will develop your skills and experience, and the opportunity to get involved in ad hoc tasks and projects as necessary.
Our people are our greatest asset, and ensuring you reach your full potential helps us to reach ours.
You can look forward to a supportive and fast-paced environment, where no two days are the same.
Our finance team works across all areas of finance and each individual colleague benefits from exposure to a range of finance activities, cross functional working and a really close-knit team to guarantee their success.
The main responsibilities within this role are:
Processing Courier Pay
Query Management & Reporting
- Assist the Senior Finance Administrator with the processing & running of the weekly courier pay
- Prepare and process pay adjustments
- Reconciliation of pay batches & adhoc analysis on a weekly basis
- Production of weekly courier pay related reports
- Monitoring courier earnings and taking action to avoid risk of monetary losses
- Processing of CHAPs payments & BACS recalls
The ideal candidate will have:
- Dealing with pay queries and problem solving where necessary
- Updating of spreadsheets and managing the inbox daily
- Assisting the Senior Finance Administrator with the daily banking
- Assist the Senior Finance Administrator/Management Accountants with any required ad-hoc reporting and administrative tasks
- Assisting with backdated VAT requests
- Preparation of month end reports
If this sounds like the perfect next step for your career, we’d love to hear from you!
We will close this advert on receipt of sufficient applications. We therefore encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
We do not require the assistance of agencies with this vacancy – thank you in advance.
- Good working knowledge of excel, including vlookups and pivot tables
- Existing experience preparing month end reports
- Excellent recall & ability to question and investigate
- Effective communication, both written and oral at all levels within the company
- Can work to strict deadlines
- Effective reconciliation and problem solving.
- Fast and accurate data entry, attention to detail is key
- Comfortable adapting to change, meeting the changing demands of the work environment, responds well to any delays or other unexpected demands
- High levels of dependability including following instructions as well as taking responsibility for own actions and keeping commitments
- High levels of punctuality and attendance
- Works well as part of a team & independently, is objective and can be open-minded towards the ideas and views of others.
- Thorough & efficient with great attention to detail
- Highly numerate
- Eager to learn and take on additional responsibility in order to develop skills and experience