CitySprint are on a Fast track to become the UK’s leading courier services provider, with current market domination of the Same day service areas already.
Through regular investment in market leading technology, we are paving the way for courier services to be more intuitive, more capable, and more responsive in real time than ever before!
Being this awesome takes a lot of hard work and commitment to our values, vision and customers. So naturally we need to secure top-notch talent to ensure we continue growing and improving every day.
This is where YOU come in!
We have an exciting new opportunity for a Fleet Coordinator to join our team. In this role, you will support and enable the drive recruitment and retention within our Birmingham Depot, on a 12 month fixed term basis.
The key focus of the role is to lead activity around the recruitment and retention of couriers, devising innovative methods to attract high caliber contractors whilst effectively reducing turnover.
You will also have the opportunity to get involved in multiple ad-hoc projects such as acquisitions, working closely with departments throughout the business to ensure the smooth on-boarding and induction of fleet into the business.
The main responsibilities within the role are:
What you need to succeed in this role:
- Day-to-day line liaison with the Service Centre and Fleet Admin Team.
- Ensure Fleet levels are in-line with business needs. Working with the service centre to support delivery.
- Oversee and support fleet admin functions in-line with company policies.
- Ensure our fleet are inducted correctly into the business and that new starters are adequately supported.
- Build relationships with both local hire vehicle suppliers.
- See that on-boarding new courier process is completed in a timely manner and without delay.
- Ensure correct courier exit interview and process is followed.
- Providing assistance with any future company acquisitions, which may require travel to any location within the UK.
- Focus on Fleet KPI‘s and business fleet objectives.
- Work closely with the Fleet Admin Team to ensure process and compliance is followed.
- Promoting best practice nationally to ensure our courier fleet best represents the business and our customers.
- Encourage and promote a consistent level of active recruitment at all service centres including open days and evenings and measure levels of success.
- Gathering regular data/feedback to understand how we can improve retention across the network.
- Supporting and contributing to the ongoing development of the iFleet management system.
- Challenge the norm and look for continuous opportunities across fleet activities.
- Support with new business projects or specialist fleet requirements.
- Engage with couriers on a regular basis to share feedback.
If this all sounds like you, we really want to hear from you! Please don’t delay, send us your CV and covering letter outlining why you're the best person for the job.
We will close this advert on receipt of sufficient applications. We therefore encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
We do not require the assistance of agencies with this vacancy – thank you in advance.
- A solid understanding of Fleet operations in a same day courier environment.
- Previous experience in courier recruitment and retention.
- Problem solving skills, able to devise innovative solutions.
- Excellent interpersonal and people management skills.
- Ability to self-manage, acting on your own initiative without supervision.
- Ability to give clear communication to clients, couriers and staff and remain professional at all time
- Be highly organised.
- Be capable of working under pressure.