CitySprint are on a Fast track to become the UK’s leading courier services provider, with current market domination of the Same day service areas already.
Through regular investment in market leading technology, we are paving the way for courier services to be more intuitive, more capable, and more responsive in real time than ever before!
Being this awesome takes a lot of hard work and commitment to our values, vision and customers. So naturally we need to secure top-notch talent to ensure we continue growing and improving every day.
This is where YOU come in!
We are recruiting for an Internal Communication Manager in our Marketing department to help drive the employee communication strategy across all areas of the business.
Experience in an internal communications team for a large or complex organisation, and prior management of complex business change or transformation projects are both required. Multi-Site experience is key. You will have demonstrable experience of creating and implementing robust strategies. Experience in advising senior managers and of writing for a variety of different audiences is also desired. General journalistic or marketing experience is beneficial. This is a new and exciting role for the organisation and you will have the autonomy to own this process and able to really add value and influence within this area of the business.
Reporting to the Group Marketing Director, the Internal Communications Manager role will be responsible for creating and implementing an internal communication strategy for both the business in general and for specific business transformation programmes.
This is the perfect role for a driven candidate with a passion for internal communications to join an exciting and dynamic organisation which offers an enriching working environment. It is also an exciting opportunity to develop your career in internal communications and make the role your own as we strengthen this area of our strategy with this new position.
- Establish an internal communications strategy in conjunction with senior managers
- Work with Group Marketing Director, C-Suite and Directors to coordinate leadership communication and staff engagement including announcements, briefings, corporate cascade messages, and Senior Management Team meetings.
- Develop and deliver strategic internal communications campaigns and messages to ensure organisational initiatives and business wide transformation projects are successfully communicated to employees and stakeholders
- Develop and maintain stakeholder relationships. Advise senior managers, internal clients and stakeholders on communication and staff engagement related issues, plans and programmes
- Oversee the development and delivery of processes and systems to support employee communication and work with the HR department on Employee Engagement initiatives. Introduce new solutions and approaches to improve engagement.
- Support nominated ‘communicators’ from across the organisation, to work collaboratively and deliver corporate programmes.
- Plan, edit, write and deliver content for a variety of internal communications mediums, such as a staff intranet, presentations, internal videos and email bulletins. Provide overall editorial control and sign-off of all internal communications materials (online and offline).
- Storyboard or translate ideas to the creative team (internal and external)
- Create and deliver presentations at organisational events or meetings
- Draft messages or scripts from senior executives for presentation to employees in written or spoken form
- Ensure internal communications messages are consistent across all mediums and for different departments of the organisation
- Ensure internal communication messages are consistent with external communication messages and are in line with brand guidelines
- Respond to feedback from staff and adjust communications content accordingly
- Handle the internal communication response to crisis situations which affect organisational perception and reputation
- Writing skills: You need excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills as well as the ability to source stories from employees
- Speaking skills: You also need strong speaking skills as you are likely to be called on to give presentations to staff. You will need to understand the organisation’s goals and values and the ability to relay them to employees
- Interpersonal skills: You need good interpersonal and relationship-building skills to work with all other departments, including HR department. You also need to possess the confidence to deal with senior executives and explain communication techniques to them.
- Creative skills: You need the creative ability to devise innovative and creative communication strategies.
- Digital skills: Familiarity with different platforms and digital and video means of communication, is essential.
A communication related degree (in journalism, communications, public relations or marketing) is an advantage, though other degrees are acceptable. A professional qualification from the Chartered Institute of Public Relations
or the Chartered Institute of Marketing
is beneficial but not a necessity.
We will close this advert on receipt of sufficient applications. We therefore encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
We do not require the assistance of agencies with this vacancy – thank you in advance.