CitySprint are on a Fast track to become the UK’s leading courier services provider, with current market domination of the Same day service areas already.
Through regular investment in market leading technology, we are paving the way for courier services to be more intuitive, more capable, and more responsive in real time than ever before!
Being this awesome takes a lot of hard work and commitment to our values, vision and customers. So naturally we need to secure top-notch talent to ensure we continue growing and improving every day.
This is where you come in!
We have a fantastic opportunity for an Operations Manager to join our team in Bristol on a permanent basis.
Your role will be to support the control and operations functions for our Fleet, ensuring a high level of service from booking to job completion.
You will act as first point of escalation for all control issues and will oversee the control team in the allocation of work to couriers, ensuring adherence to client service level agreements (SLAs).
You will also work closely with and support the Service Centre Manager alongside customer service, sales and all other support staff at the Service Centre and on a regional and national level. Whilst maintaining a strong relationship with clients, sub-contractors and suppliers.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
The key skills needed for the role include:
- Allocate work to couriers in a fair and transparent manner
- Monitoring of jobs through to POD and completion
- Proactively keeping staff and clients informed of delays/issues
- Update CityTrak database as required (advise of data cleansing required where access is not granted to maintain certain parts)
- Produce client and internal reports when required
- Inform your Manager of any aspects of our service that could be improved
- Observe and continually check the daily operational processes
- Manage and explore new avenues to assist with subcontractor recruitment and retention
- Out of Hours calls relating to Courier activity
- Act in accordance with CitySprint’s core values of reliability, accountability, empathy, and flair
- Ensure your fleet size is sufficient to service your clients particularly during peak periods – maintain levels and recruit when required
- Utilising CitySprint’s Intranet for all up to date documents
- Adherence to CitySprint’s Quality and Environmental Management ISO Systems
- To assume responsibility for the service centre in the absence of the Service Centre Manager
If this all sounds like you, we really want to hear from you! Please don’t delay, send us your CV and covering letter outlining why you're the best person for the job
We will close this advert on receipt of sufficient applications. We therefore encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
We do not require the assistance of agencies for recruitment - thank you in advance.
- Previous controlling experience
- Previous supervisory and controlling experience in an operations environment
- Previous experience in the same day courier industry
- Good PC skills with the ability to learn new software quickly
- Strong planning, organisation and time management skills
- To be able to multitask, prioritise and make decisions quickly
- Previous experience in a busy, high-pressure environment
- Excellent geographical knowledge
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- A commitment to providing excellent service