On the dot has been created specifically to disrupt the courier/logistics/delivery space with innovative, next generation software. Backed by one of the world’s largest same day courier companies, we are building a SaaS platform that we believe can genuinely change the way this growing industry works. As an innovation lab created by CitySprint the largest national courier network in the UK. We are looking for a permanent member to join and lead the Platform Services team.
This team is responsible for developing and maintaining the continuous delivery platform as well as aiding in the day to day running of the software platform as a whole.
As this is a cross service team, you will work closely with our front end and backend server side engineering teams, facilitating adoption of the continuous delivery platform as well as working very closely with the QA team ensuring the highest quality standards are met. This role based in London EC2 will offer a generous salary and benefits, flexible working and the opportunity to be one of the first employees of something very special. You can expect to work with some seriously bright people on challenging and interesting projects from day one.
- Manage, be hands on and run the out of hours support process and structure
- Adding to and maintaining the continuous delivery platform
- Helping lead the direction of the platform
- Demonstrable understanding of PaaS/SaaS/IaaS and use cases and best practices in public cloud
- Proven track record working in agile environments under a DevOps culture
- Working on automating deployments (to AWS)
- Integrating and maintaining monitoring platform (Live and Synthetic)
- Manage the team
- Ensure uptime and service quality while balancing costs and performance
- Managing and supporting the production environment, applications and pipeline
- Working closely with the engineering and product teams enduring they are autonomous and following set guidelines and procedures
- Deep understanding of operating systems, network infrastructure, NoSQL and RDMS etc
- Work closely with the development and QA teams to provide infrastructure as code and associated automation and provisioning tools (e.g CircleCI)
- Exposure to automated testing tools
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration - Continuous Deployment pipelines
- Involvement leading project teams with Agile collaboration and project management tooling e.g Kanban or Scrum)
- Strong communication skills
- Strong AWS Skills
- In depth knowledge of Continuous Deployment practises
- In depth experience in working with a distributed system
- Knowledge of Agile practices
- Strong sense of ownership
- Experience in managing and coaching a team
- Proven experience in managing and running high availability production applications in a cloud environment (AWS)
- Helping direct the vision and roadmap of the platform ensuring it is up to date and managing tech debt
- Experience with Docker or other container technology
- Experience with Consul
- Familiarity with a Linux
- Experience in scripting languages (Bash, Python etc)
This position will be good for anyone wanting to lead a DevOps/Platform Services/Site Reliability team and as a stepping stone for people wanting to move towards a more senior role. You will also have first-hand guidance and mentoring from a team that has previously managed and launched several large global services. We are a small close-knit team which means that everyone will have a big impact on the final product.
Great location - in the heart of Shoreditch, close to public transport
Talented team - collectively having delivered many best in class products at scale - globally
Culture is king - dedicated to ownership and recognition of effort
Contemporary tech - all-in cloud and committed to supporting emerging technology such as Serverless
Training & Education - online training, group brown-bags, external events and inspirational books
Pension - company pension contributions up to 3%
Healthcare - Medicash healthcare plan
Fruit! - Fresh fruit delivered weekly to the office
Travel - Ride to work scheme & Season ticket loans
Social - social events and employee awards scheme
This is a varied and challenging role in a fast-paced, fun and friendly environment. Our Industry is ever changing and never still; what we can guarantee is a support network like no other, with an experienced team on hand to ensure you achieve your potential and help us achieve ours.
If this all sounds like you, we really want to hear from you! Please don’t delay, send us your CV and covering letter outlining why you're the best person for the job.
We will close this advert on receipt of sufficient applications. We therefore encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
We do not require the assistance of agencies with this vacancy – thank you in advance.