CitySprint are on a Fast track to become the UK’s leading courier services provider, with current market domination of the Same day service areas already.
Through regular investment in market leading technology, we are paving the way for courier services to be more intuitive, more capable, and more responsive in real time than ever before!
Being this awesome takes a lot of hard work and commitment to our values, vision and customers. So naturally we need to secure top-notch talent to ensure we continue growing and improving every day.
This is where you come in!
We have a fantastic opportunity for an Transport Courier Operations Controller to join our team in Croydon on a permanent basis.
For this role, we are looking for a driven, self-starting individual who has existing experience in an Operations Controller or similar role, ideally within a transport, Logistics or FMCG environment
The purpose of your role will be to provide a high level of support to the control and operations of your Service Centre whilst ensuring a high level of customer service from booking to completion.
The main responsibilities within the role are
The key skills we need you to have for the role include
- Allocation of work to couriers in a fair and transparent manner.
- Taking bookings accurately and advising clients of our services.
- Monitoring of jobs through to POD and completion with priority on platinum customers.
- Implementing and maintaining Service Level Agreements (both customer and service centre specific).
- Proactively keeping clients and fellow employees informed of any delays or issues.
- Ensure your fleet size is sufficient to service your clients particularly during peak periods – maintain levels and recruit when required.
- Managing and exceeding customer expectations.
- Acting on your own initiative without constant supervision.
- Ability to communicate clearly with clients, couriers and suppliers and remain professional at all times.
- Be highly organised.
- Previous transport industry experience.
- Good geographical knowledge.
- Excellent punctuality and attendance
- Computer literate.
If this all sounds like you, we really want to hear from you! Please don’t delay, send us your CV and covering letter outlining why you're the best person for the job.
We will close this advert on receipt of sufficient applications. We therefore encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
We do not require the assistance of agencies with this vacancy – thank you in advance.