CitySprint are on a Fast track to become the UK’s leading courier services provider, with current market domination of the Same day service areas already.
Through regular investment in market leading technology, we are paving the way for courier services to be more intuitive, more capable, and more responsive in real time than ever before!
Being this awesome takes a lot of hard work and commitment to our values, vision and customers. So naturally we need to secure top-notch talent to ensure we continue growing and improving every day.
This is where YOU come in!
We are looking for an experienced and highly motivated Regional Sales Executive to join our successful sales team. When you are not onsite with your clients, this role will be based at our London Service Centres.
This role offers great autonomy and plenty of exposure, as you will have full commercial responsibility for sales growth for the service centre whilst also lending sales support to additional service centres within the Region. As a Regional Sales Executive, we know you’ll be able to positively contribute in a fast paced and sometimes challenging environment, developing initiatives and streamlining CitySprint’s strategy with your wider team.
The purpose of this role is to work individually, and as part of the sales team, in sourcing and developing a quality pipeline of prospects that have a requirement for courier services (same day, UK Overnight and International), resulting in winning new business as per the assigned sales target. Additionally, you will work with the Regional Sales Manager to generate appointments for larger prospects.
This is achieved through outbound calls, marketing campaigns, email correspondence as well as face-to-face canvassing.
You will likely spend 4 days a week onsite with your clients, and the remaining time at the Manchester Service Centre.
- Researching and generating new business opportunities and the generation of sufficient leads by utilising the internet (i.e. LinkedIn), business directories, existing database and additional channels where applicable.
- Converting and closing business via telephone for small to medium sized clients.
- Arranging appointments for larger opportunities and visiting clients to present our business.
- To identify potential upselling opportunities.
- Dealing with new client enquiries and driving sales forward, and responding to and following up sales enquiries.
- Preparing proposals and quotations for new clients and executing the initial stages of opening new accounts.
- To provide accurate sales activity reports and relevant pipeline information when required.
- To fully utilise CitySprint’s CRM system for all sales activity.
- To work with Marketing in developing specific service/industry led marketing campaigns.
- To work internally to ensure sales opportunities are aligned to the most suitable departments or individuals.
- Ensure that all new clients are fully aware of the online suite of services.
- To be fully conversant with the CitySprint’s portfolio of available services.
- To communicate with Operations in the event that any new business requires specific operational attention.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- A minimum of 2 years sales experience in the Courier/Logistics/FMCG industry, with a minimum of 3 years’ experience within a sales environment preferably selling a service (or repeat business).
- Strong experience of face-to-face business development.
- Demonstrable achievement of selling on a business to business basis.
- Resilience, perseverance and commercial awareness.
- Ability to self-manage, acting on your own initiative without supervision.
- Well presented, articulate with excellent time management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Be highly organised and capable of working under pressure.
This is a varied and challenging role in a fast-paced, fun and friendly environment. Our Industry is ever changing and never still; what we can guarantee is a support network like no other, with an experienced team on hand to ensure you achieve your potential, and help us achieve ours.
If this all sounds like you, we really want to hear from you! Please don’t delay, send us your CV and covering letter outlining why you're the best person for the job.