World Car Free Day is taking place on Sunday 22nd September. This year, the Mayor has implemented London’s biggest ever plans for the event.
There will be extensive road closures and restrictions in and around Tower Bridge, London Bridge and the City of London between 07:00 to 19:00 and beyond as heavy congestion begins to clear.
This will severely affect the service we can offer in the following ways:
Advice to customers
- We are limited to the use of Cargo Bikes as no motorised vehicles can be used.
- Roads in the surrounding areas will be extremely busy during and outside of the 07:00 – 19:00 hours.
- London Bridge, Tower Bridge and Westminster Bridge will be closed to traffic, making travel between North and South Thames a challenge.
- Several residential roads across 23 London boroughs will be closed for the London Play initiative.
Where possible, book deliveries into this area either the day before or the day after to avoid disruption and delivery issues.
Bookings on the day that are absolutely necessary can only be fulfilled using Cargo.
Any delivery heavier or bigger than the guidelines may be cancelled.
How we are approaching the day:
To work around the Car Free Day sanctions, we will:
- Have a “walker” making deliveries on the day across the streets of London in addition to our Cargo Bikes.
- Encourage our customers to take advantage of the zero-emission fleet on the day.
- Work with customers to identify other routes for consolidation.
Keep an eye on our social media channels to keep up to date on Car Free Day at CitySprint!
If you have any questions regarding car-free day and how your bookings may be affected on this day then please call your local service centre or email email@example.com
Get the latest CitySprint news
Want to receive regular updates about CitySprint? Subscribe to our blog and receive content directly to your inbox.