CitySprint are on a Fast track to become the UK’s leading courier services provider, with current market domination of the Same day service areas already.
Through regular investment in market leading technology, we are paving the way for courier services to be more intuitive, more capable, and more responsive in real time than ever before!
Being this awesome takes a lot of hard work and commitment to our values, vision and customers. So naturally we need to secure top notch talent to ensure we continue growing and improving every day.
This is where you come in!
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Baggage Clearer to join our team in Heathrow on a permanent basis.
We are looking for a driven, self-starting individual who has existing experience in an Luggage transport or similar role, ideally within a Transport, Logistics or Airline environment
The purpose of your role will be to transport baggage from the airport terminals to the warehouse and to assist in delivering airline mail.
- To collect baggage from the various airport terminals as directed.
- To ensure that all baggage is cleared for removal by HM Revenue and Customs.
- Proactively keeping control informed of any delays in relation to baggage/luggae transport & control.
- To deliver the airlines internal mail as directed.
- Scanning the baggage at the airport using PDA’s
- Local deliveries using vehicle provided so valid UK/EU license is required
- Collecting lost property from airport terminals
- Other various ad hoc duties as required
Key requirements for this role:
- Pleasant and friendly manner at all times.
- Treats people with respect under all circumstances.
- Responds promptly and appropriately to the needs of the client and their requests for service and assistance.
- Comfortable adapting to change, meeting the changing demands of the work environment, responds well to any delays or other unexpected demands.
- High levels of punctuality and attendance.
- Works well as part of a team, is objective and be open-minded towards the ideas and views of others, gives as well as welcomes feedback, contributes to building team spirit, aids others to succeed.
- Recognises that by the nature of our business, we may at times carry information or items that are highly sensitive and confidential and acknowledges and respects this.
- Adherence to CitySprint’s Quality and Environmental Management ISO Systems.
- Being proactive in suggesting to your manager how we can improve our service delivery.
We will close this advert on receipt of sufficient applications. We therefore encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
We do not require the assistance of agencies with this vacancy - thank you in advance.