CitySprint are on a Fast track to become the UK’s leading courier services provider, with current market domination of the Same day service areas already.
Through regular investment in market leading technology, we are paving the way for courier services to be more intuitive, more capable, and more responsive in real time than ever before!
Being this awesome takes a lot of hard work and commitment to our values, vision and customers. So naturally we need to secure top-notch talent to ensure we continue growing and improving every day.
A huge part of this journey is also ensuring that our existing colleagues receive all the support and training they require to help them reach their potential, and in turn, ensure we achieve ours.
This is where YOU come in!
This is a great opportunity for a driven and ambitious Accountant to join a growing company with plenty of opportunity for development and progression. This role is ideally suited to either a Qualified Accountant, or Part-Qualified and looking to continue study towards CIMA/ACCA.
To be successful in this role, you will already have demonstrable considerable experience in a similar finance department and have significant experience in the majority of responsibilities highlighted.
Our people are our greatest asset, and ensuring you reach your full potential helps us to reach ours. Therefore, full study support and individual development is provided with this position.
You can look forward to a supportive and fast-paced environment, where no two days are the same.
Our finance team works across all areas of finance and each individual colleague benefits from exposure to a range of finance activities, cross functional working and a really close-knit team to guarantee their success.
Measures of success & required skills
- Support preparation of monthly management accounts.
- Prepare and post overhead accruals, prepayments and ad hoc monthly journals.
- Assist with creation and updating of annual budgets.
- Review of budgets vs. actuals including variance analysis.
- Maintenance of fixed asset register and posting of the depreciation charges monthly.
- Reconciliation of pay, analysis on a weekly basis and posting of monthly batch journals.
- Detailed analysis on our property portfolio for 40+ offices, approval of property related invoices and liaise with Regional Managers on property moves.
- Create monthly divisional P&L’s.
- Manage monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- VAT returns.
- Assist with running and collation of corporation tax.
- Assist with creation and review of annual statutory accounts.
- Creation of P&L and costing analysis for our tech business.
- Report daily cash to the Sales Ledger team, update monthly cash spreadsheets and reconcile credit card charges.
- Ad-hoc client/business revenue and margin reporting.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal & written
- Comfortable & credible when communicating with senior level management
- Effective reconciliation and problem-solving abilities
- Provide reliable, appropriate, clear analysis and reporting
- Advanced excel skills including vlookups and pivot tables.
- Fast and accurate data entry
- Comfortable adapting to change, meeting the changing demands of the work environment, responds well to any delays or other unexpected demands.
- Reliable and autonomous approach, with high levels of dependability, responsibility and commitment.
- Be an ambassador for CitySprint’s core values of reliability, accountability, empathy, and flair.
- Excellent punctuality and considerate approach.
- Works well as part of a team, is objective and be open-minded towards the ideas and views of others, gives as well as welcomes feedback.
If this sounds like your perfect next role and you meet the above requirements, don’t hesitate to apply! Submit your CV with cover letter outlining why you’re the ideal person for the job by following the application link below.
We will close this advert on receipt of sufficient applications. We therefore encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
We do not require the assistance of agencies with this vacancy – thank you in advance.