CitySprint are on a Fast track to become the UK’s leading courier services provider, with current market domination of the Same day service areas already.
Through regular investment in market leading technology, we are paving the way for courier services to be more intuitive, more capable, and more responsive in real time than ever before!
Being this awesome takes a lot of hard work and commitment to our values, vision and customers. So naturally we need to secure top-notch talent to ensure we continue growing and improving every day.
This is where you come in!
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Transport Planner
to join our team in Manchester on a permanent basis.
For this role, we are looking for a driven, self-starting individual who has existing experience in an Operations Controller or similar role, ideally within a transport, Logistics or FMCG environment
The purpose of your role will be to provide a high level of support to the control and operations of your Service Centre whilst ensuring a high level of customer service from booking to completion.
The main responsibilities within the role are
The key skills we need you to have for the role include
- Effective planning and utilisation of drivers
- Load planning and routing for large fleet of vehicles
- Dealing with queries by telephone and email from customers
- Organising 3rd party sub-contractors where necessary
- Reporting problems and dealing with any issues / queries that may arise
- Working under pressure within a busy transport office.
- Driver and client liaison.
- Administration to ensure accurate information.
- Previous transport experience in a busy and demanding environment
- Good geographic knowledge
- Be able to work effectively in a close team
- Can demonstrate problem solving, analytical and organisation skills
- Able to make decisions under pressure
- Be able to communicate well at all levels
- Be highly motivated
- PC literate in word, excel and outlook
- Must be flexible in approach to work and shift patterns and adaptable to meet business demands
If this all sounds like you, we really want to hear from you! Please don’t delay, send us your CV and covering letter outlining why you're the best person for the job.
We will close this advert on receipt of sufficient applications. We therefore encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
“We do not require the assistance of agencies for recruitment - thank you in advance.”